The entire Gazepoint Team is very happy to announce the release of the all new Gazepoint Biometrics platform. The Biometrics platform builds on our existing expertise in eye-tracking and adds additional biometric signals to the data capture stream.
The Biometrics platform provides 3 new signals, heart rate and galvanic skin response (GSR) from the finger sensor, as well as an analog self-reporting engagement dial (0-100%). The biometric signals can be captured as standalone signals or in conjunction with eye-tracking data. In addition, the Gazepoint eye-tracking systems (GP3 and GP3 HD) have been upgraded to provide a more accurate pupil diameter measure. The upgraded pupillometry system is available to all existing and new eye-tracking customers with access to the latest software release (V5.0 will be rolled out soon).
Some of the key features of the Gazepoint Biometrics system include:
- The Biometrics system is extremely easy to use. As with the design of our eye-tracking systems, our goal is to make it very easy to get up and running and collecting data. Simply plug the finger sensor into the dial block, the dial block into the PC USB and click the ON button in Control to activate the biometrics sensor system.
- Biometrics seamlessly integrates with the existing Gazepoint Analysis platform and eye-trackers. You can design projects as before with images, videos, screen capture, etc, and as long as the Biometrics system is enabled, all the data will be captured and synchronized along with the eye-tracking data.
- Biometrics can be run stand-alone. It is possible to use just the biometrics system to capture GSR, heart rate and the self-report dial if eye-tracking data is not required.
- Biometrics is integrated into the OpenGaze API which makes developing custom applications very easy. Almost any language, C, C++, C#, Python, Matlab, etc, can be used, simply open a TCP/IP socket to connect to the Control server and you can stream the biometrics data just as with the gaze data.
- The upgraded pupil diameter algorithm now provides more accurate pupilometry to complement the eye-gaze data and other Biometrics signals.
- As with our eye-tracking systems the Biometrics system was design to be as cost-effective as possible. The three new Biometric signals are integrated into a single package. Pricing is listed in the Gazepoint web store.
The Biometrics system can be purchased as a standalone system with basic Analysis software (the same as our eye-tracking systems) which provides a very cost effective solution to capturing the biometrics signals. If the Pro version of Analysis is purchased you can more easily setup and run experiments with media types such as images and videos, and if the UX Analysis software is purchased you get Thinkaloud, AOI, and now biometric signal graphing. Pair the biometrics hardware with any eye-tracking system to add the biometrics signals to the gaze data capture system.